Monday 1 June 2009

Build a bear holiday

Had a mixed week away - typically I got a cold grrrrrrrrrrr - having just gotten over a chest infection and thinking I was gonna be well i got a full on head cold the day the kids and i were going away!! Bloody typical.
The kids were great though and were happy with just scooting around a parking point in the middle of the forest. We discovered a sainsburys and bought some nice grub and a dvd so the kids were set for what was a very wet evening.
Thankfully Thursday was hot and sunny so i dosed myself as much as possible and off to Bournemouth we went - We met my friend Dave (empty belly) whom I have known for many years online - their first encounter with a barmy Oz and they thought he was great. Dave left us after lunch and we went off to the oceanairum on the sea front. I have been loads of times but it still facinates me when turtle feeding time happens - funny huge snappy things they are.
On to the beach for half hour to play in the sand - a novelty for Bognorians lol

We strolled into town - i wanted to take the children to the *build a bear* factory which they both loved. We chose our animals to stuff - me a cat -georgia a bunny - jake a dog - put noises in, stuffed them, gave them a heart and dressed them.
It was expensive but it was a lovely bonding experience and I loved every second of it. We now have a memory we can see and i have already ordered the bears Santa hats and a stocking for the children for christmas!! Soppy mare that I am!! Love my kids me

1 comment:

  1. Thats true, they dont come much soppy-er than you hun, but thats why we lubs ya xx There is a little award on my blog for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete